It's our 1st Birthday!
Steve & I can't believe we're here - the 1st birthday for Russell & Atwell!
What started off in our kitchens at the end of 2019 with some very nobbly looking chocolates, and after making & tasting over 100 prototypes, we landed on our signature flavours...
It was tough planning a business through Zoom calls over the Summer 2020, and a sense of both achievement and relief to finally launch in September 2020 with Kickstarter; October our dream become reality, as we opened our online store.
In our first year, we've...
- Became the no1 'Most Popular' Food Project in the World on Kickstarter
- Launched Salted Caramel & Hazelnut, as well as Gifting Jars and a totally new Refill Model
- Had our first consumer show (Blenheim) and trade show (Speciality Fine Food Show)
- Are now sold in quality delis & cafes from the Cotswolds, to Cambridge and starting to expand into London too
- Appeared in media from the BBC Good Food Guide Magazine to Sheerluxe to GQ online (top foody gifts for Xmas '20), via Radio London, Liz Loves, Metro and more!
We are hugely grateful to our extended team, friends and family who have encouraged us, eaten a lot of prototypes (!) and went on to buy our fresh chocolates for themselves and their loved ones.
Thank you also to our wonderful customers and retailers - for making this first year a magical one for us.
So, into year 2 now with a new flavour on the horizon (the future is bright), new pouch packaging that will be fully recyclable and BIG plans for 2022 (more on this later).
Giles & Steve
P.S. While it is 1 year for Russell & Atwell. for Giles' family, October marks a legacy of 100 years working in chocolate. If you'd like to discover more - do read the '5 Men and an idea' blog