It's our 1st Birthday!
Steve and I can't believe we're here - the 1st Birthday for Russell & Atwell!
We started off in our kitchens at the end of 2019 with some very nobbly looking chocolates and, after making and tasting over 100 prototypes, we landed on our signature flavours...
It was tough planning a business through Zoom calls during the lockdown of Summer of 2020, and it was with a sense of both achievement and relief that we finally launched in September 2020 with a Kickstarter campaign. In October our dream became a reality, as we opened our online store.
In our first year, we...
- Became the no1 'Most Popular Food Project in the World' on Kickstarter.
- Launched Salted Caramel & Hazelnut flavours, as well as Gifting Jars and a totally new Refill Model.
- Had our first consumer show (Blenheim) and trade show (Speciality Fine Food Show).
- Are now sold in quality delis & cafes from the Cotswolds to Cambridge and started to expand into London.
- Appeared in media ranging from the BBC Good Food Magazine to Sheerluxe to GQ online (top foody gifts for Xmas '20), and have featured on Radio London, Liz Loves, Metro and more!
We are hugely grateful to our extended team, friends and family who have encouraged us, eaten a lot of prototypes (!) and went on to buy our fresh chocolates for themselves and their loved ones.
Thank you also to our wonderful customers and retailers for making this first year a magical one for us.
So, into year 2 now with a new flavour on the horizon (the future is bright), new pouch packaging that will be fully recyclable and BIG plans for 2022 (more on this later).
Giles & Steve
P.S. While it is 1 year for Russell & Atwell, for Giles' family, October marks 100 years of working in chocolate. If you'd like to discover more - do read about '5 men and an idea' here